Monday, May 2, 2011

Week 24: "Holy Movement!"

I must say that the coolest (and weirdest) thing about being pregnant is the movement I feel.  I always tried to imagine what it would feel like to have a little baby squirming around inside my abdomen, but nothing truly could've prepared me for what it actually feels like.

I can honestly say that prior to becoming pregnant, I was never excited about feeling the kicks.  It just weirded me out to hear people talk about it.  Recently my sister told me about how she would watch her belly while sitting on the couch at night and see Jr. poke out and move across her abdomen...  Not gonna lie, that kinda scurred me.  I had seen small movements a few weeks ago, but decided to give it a good look last night just to see if I could see some real action since her kicks are getting stronger.

So there I am lying on the couch feeling Adelaide's kicks more than ever.  I pulled my shirt up to expose my belly and started watching TV.  Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw my belly pop out!  I thought, "no way was that really a kick. I must be mistaken."  So, I stared at the same spot, waiting to see if she'd kick again and, "AHHHHHHHHH!!!!"  I screamed a startled scream and about scared the crap out of my cats who were napping at me feet.  I swear she poked out of my belly about an inch followed by pushing in a half-moon shape around the side of my belly.  After my yell, I immediately starting laughing hysterically and then tearing up for joy.  Can you say "pregnancy hormones on overload"?  It was seriously amazing to me to think that that was really her inside of me moving!!  After the shock/joy/tears subsided, I spent the rest of the night watching Adelaide poke and punch out of my belly.

24 Weeks, 16 to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment