Thursday, October 21, 2010

Chicken, Broccoli, and Stuffing Casserole

This is a recipe I came up with after hearing a few different versions.  It baked up creamy and delicious and my husband even went up for thirds!!!  I too couldn't help myself when it came to going up for more.  Greg raved, "this one is a keeper!" 

Ingredients:
1 box wheat or regular stove top stuffing (prepared)
1 bag of broccoli cooked al dente, I used a 16oz bag of broccoli spears which I steamed
2 cans cream of soup.  (can be mushroom, chicken, or celery) I used 98% fat free mushroom and chicken
1 can milk (I used skim)
1 small can of mushrooms
2-4 Cups cooked and cubed chicken, depending on how meaty you like your dish
garlic salt and pepper to taste.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Coat a 9x13 glass baking dish with cooking spray

Mix the cans of soup with one can of milk. Add the mushrooms and season with garlic salt and pepper to taste.  Pour into the bottom of the dish.  Cover with the cubed chicken.  Layer broccoli over the chicken.  Top the broccoli with the prepared stuffing.  Bake for 1 hour, it should be brown on top and bubbling.  Make sure to check it after 45 minutes to make sure it doesn't get too dark on top. Let stand for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!!!





1 comment: