Friday, February 10, 2012

Those Lips are Hard to Resist...

Let me be honest with you all.  After almost 5 years of living here, we still have zero good friends outside of work.  Sounds sad, but in a reality, Greg and I were pretty okay with it.  It's not like we were putting a ton of effort into meeting people around our area.  That is until now.  Now that I am staying home with Addie for the majority of the days, I've realized that we need to get out!  So luckily, with our new move, we have new neighbors who are pretty much the most fabulous neighbors you could ever ask for.  They have shown me what it's like to be a great neighbor and I plan on passing it forward when we move again.  (Which is hopefully to a new house that we build in the near future...but that's another post.)

Let me give a quick example of how amazing these people are.  Greg left for Florida to help them plant for 10-14 days and my neighbor, who has 2 year old twins and is days from popping out her next baby, brings me dinner multiple times and invites us over for dinner as well.  Really? REALLY?!  I just kept thinking, and telling her, I should be the one bringing your family dinner!   However, without Greg here, I'll be honest, I have not cooked a single thing aside from a grocery bag full of sweet potatoes that I cooked up for Addie's food, to freeze, and I made a couple loaves of sweet potato bread with it.  But that is it.  So here I am, being the epitome of a slacker, and my almost-ready-to-pop neighbor who, let me remind you, has TWINS, is cooking and bringing me dinner.

Speaking of those twins, they are freakin adorable.  Their names are Chad and Jillian, the latter of the two they refer to as Jillie.  These two are obsessed with babies, especially Addie.  When Chad sees her he can't stop hugging her and trying to touch her eye...not so thrilled with the second move.  And Jillie?  She repeatedly says, "put baby down" so she can play with her.

Show me that pouty lip girlfriend!
The other day Carrie, yes my neighbor's name is Carrie...still not sure how she spells it though..hmm, invited us over to hang out for a bit but warned me that Chad had a runny nose and she wasn't sure if it was a cold or not.  I wasn't concerned though.  I had sheltered Addie for 5 1/2 months so far and it's about time she got out.  So we headed on over.  Jillie of course wanted to play with Addie so I held her in a standing position on the floor, and Chad, runny nose and all, wanted to keep hugging her.  We had to keep reminding him that he, "can't be in the baby's face because you'll scare her."  This, however, did not detour him and before I knew it, SMACK, he planted a big old smoocheroo right on her pouty Angelina Jolie lips.  (that is what my family and I lovingly refer to them as because they are huge) So much for sheltering Addie from being sick!  I was honestly a little jealous.  I mean, I am always so careful around her and am afraid to kiss her lips for fear of making her sick...and giving her the cavities...yes, yes, Mom and Leah are still mocking me about that one, and here was a sick two year old boy kissing her with all of the authority in the world!  Side Note: If you're curious about the relevance in my kissing=cavities claim, follow this link to read the MSNBC report for yourself.  So There! I was right!  (I'm not gloating....hehe)  I have to admit to, runny nose or not, it was probably one of the cutest things I've ever seen, though Addie didn't seem so sure about it.  It was her first kiss from a boy, other than her Daddy, after all!  So I gave in to the fact that Addie was probably going to get sick, and when we got home, I planted one on her lips too.  :-)


So now here I sit, Addie down for a nap, me gargling salt water, sipping hot tea, barely able to swallow, and being sicker than a dog.  And Addie?  She is snoughing, has a runny nose, runny eyes, and I just wonder if she is as sick as me.  Uh huh, you read that right, she is doing a combination of sneezing and coughing at the same time.  (Any royalties from the use of the word I just created can be sent directly to me.  Thank you.)  I am just praying that her snoughing and runny nose doesn't turn into a full-out sicker than a dog baby.  It's a tough price to pay for your first kiss.




No comments:

Post a Comment