Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lost a Jean Button?

Dritz® No-Sew Bachelor...

As I write this blog I would hope that it isn't only my husband and I that have lost the button on a pair of our favorite jeans.  If I'm honest with myself it probably means that either I have grown out of them or that they are just too old to continue wearing.  However, I was not ready to assume defeat and therefore needed to figure out how to repair them.

At first I thought it would be a complicated process involving some sort of "bedazzle" machine.  I was pleasantly surprised, though, that when I asked a worker at JoAnn's how to remedy my jeans, she lead me to the, what else, button section.  It turns out all I need was a hammer and a pack of jean buttons (I got a pack of 6 for $3.79) and I was good to go.  I will caution you to get a good quality button, as the flimsy ones bent as I was hammering them in.

So there you have it.  A quick and easy fix to get those favorite pair of jeans back on your booty.

No comments:

Post a Comment