Thursday, February 17, 2011

Check In: Week 13, I Popped!

I have finally officially gotten to my second trimester!  With that I have realized that many of the early pregnancy symptoms have somewhat subsided, thank goodness.  The nausea is very infrequent, my boobs are not as sore, and my energy level is coming back.  In addition I have finally popped!  In other words, I'm showing...a little :-)

My husband has been in Florida helping his brother plant for a little over two weeks and I was so hoping by the time he got back I would be showing.  Now you remember how much Greg has been dying to see a little bump, so of course he was on my case to send him pictures while he was there so he could see the progress.  I didn't want to disappoint him but was still unsure if it was truly a "Bob bump" or if it was still the lovely bloating.  He asked on the perfect day though, because literally that morning, I popped!  Seriously, it was like now you don't see him, now you do!  I hesitantly snapped a picture of myself in the hotel bathroom, yes I was traveling too, and sent it on his way.  His response?  "That's definitely a baby bump!"

Joyously I shared my bare belly with my mom, grandma, and friend Lauran.  It seems kinda odd lifting up my shirt to take a picture of myself and sending it to people, but I guess think that's what pregnant people do, right?  Needless to say, you are in for a show too because I am sharing my self portrait with you all :-)

In celebration of the bump I have decided to start perusing some maternity items.  Let me tell you, people say that maternity clothes have gotten so much cuter, however, it makes me wonder how bad they were before because I haven't really noticed the cute factor.  Maybe it's because I live in a rural area, but boy do I have slim pickins'.  And the smalls are still huge, which I'm sure will change belly wise, but in the sleeves and yes, even though they HAVE grown, just ask my husband, they are still big in the boobs.  Like I said, I know my belly will eventually fill these out but I am definitely thinking I need a trip to the city where malls exist once I get further along.

In the mean time I'm enjoying still fitting into my current wardrobe and will hopefully not have to spend money on clothes soon.  I did spend money on a cute frame though!  I know, I'm a nerd, but I just had to splurge.  How cute is this?!  It sits on my desk at work.
That's my 10 week ultrasound :-)

13 Week Check-In
Weight Gain: 2.5 pounds, I think mainly in my butt to be honest, haha
Showing: refer to picture above!
Favorite Moment This Week: Valentines Day when Greg surprised me with a porch swing, with cupholders! Oh yeah, that's how we roll swing! He said he got the medium sized one so we could fit Bob on their with us :-)
Most Looking Forward To: My next appoint on March 1st because then we'll be scheduling my next ultrasound that will tell us the gender!!!!  I can't wait to start shopping!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! That's your birthday! What a great birthday present. :)

    ReplyDelete