Friday, April 15, 2011

Week 21, almost 22, Am I Missing Something???

When you first become pregnant everyone is eager to tell you about both the good and the bad.  The first and third trimesters are labeled as the most troublesome while the second is often referred to as blissful!  I have experienced the bad of the first trimester, the extreme exhaustion, bloating, nausea, etc. and was fully anticipating the "blissfulness" of the second to take hold before the third hit.  Now, if I read back on my blogs you would think that I'd totally remember all of the "bad" parts of the first trimester quite vividly which would detract me from wanting to go through it again.  However, as I suspected, mommy amnesia has already set in and even as I read my pregnancy history thus far, I wonder, was that really me?  Needless to say I can now see how some people have HUGE families because I believe women are born with this innate ability to forget the "bads" of pregnancy.

I am now a little over mid-way into my second trimester and though I haven't had any really bad experiences, I'm wondering where all of the good ones that I've heard of are.  For example, the big one that I think all women look forward to are the cravings!  How wonderful it would be to have urges to gorge yourself in whatever food you want just because you have this intense craving that won't go away?!  I mean, who in their right mind would tell a pregnant woman not to eat this or that or deny them their weird craving food?!  Well, I wish I had the chance to find out if someone was that brave, however, I have had ZERO cravings.  Yup, zero.  I'm beginning to speculate that maybe pregnant women in fact don't have these crazy cravings.  Maybe it's a secret society or pregnancy pact that women use to have their husband wait on them 24/7?  If so, I think I may be joining soon and start faking it, because darn it, I want to indulge guilt free in some weird prego food! Just don't tell my husband... ;-)

Another blissful second trimester occurrence is the thick movie star hair that you're supposed to get.  Whelp, my hair did get courser which makes for some interesting mornings when my brush gets stuck in my curls and almost hits my husband as it flings across the bathroom after getting loose.  (I'm not sure if he's convinced this is accidental)  And I have gotten more hair...on my belly.  Gross, I know, but hey, ya'll that are not pregnant yet or haven't gotten to this stage, beware.  Baby fuzz will appear, or as I like to say, your happy trail will start to look a little, well, happier.  Doesn't help?  Oh well, I tried.  Needless to say my belly is not looking like all of those beautiful perfect  bellies in all of the pregnancy magazines.  As a result I am strongly reconsidering getting maternity shots of my nekkid belly.

I'm sure you have all heard about those amazing pregnancy dreams and 24/7 feel good hormones too, right??  Well, let's just say instead of having dreams about some ripped man whisking me off my feet and having his way with me, I instead dream about having a baby that looks like a gnome.  Yup, no sexy dreams for me.  Just gnomes or my baby switching gender 5 times throughout the dream.  The fact that we are having a girl has obviously not sunken into my subconscious yet.  (btw, I would NOT suggest telling your husband about the supposed sexy dreams that you are jealous you aren't having...not good for their ego, and I'm telling you this from experience, oops!  It's honestly not that I want to dream about other men cuz that kinda creeps me out, I just honestly want to dream about better things than gnomes.  Is that too much to ask?)  And those feel good hormones?  Well, let's just say they come and go, hence why I feel that Greg doesn't always think the brush throwing is accidental, haha.  jk.  It's honestly not that extreme but I think I've overinflated the idea in my head that I would be walking around with a "perma-grin" and that nothing would irritate me.  Maybe that's still to come??  Let's hope, because that would be awesome. :-D



Week 21 

Week 20

21 Week Check-In

Weight Gain: Um, I know I was up 8 pounds on Sunday at 21 weeks, however, my relentless appetite this week has probably boosted that up at least a couple more pounds by now.  Next weigh in; Sunday, duh duh DUUHH! haha
Showing: Oh yeah, no hiding it now!  Everyone in the office has commented on my "baby bump" and how you can "really see it now!"
Cravings:  I'm seriously going to start faking it soon...
Innie or Outie Belly Button?: Innie
Stretch Marks: I'm adding this dreaded category because I seem to be growing quite fast now and figure it's only a matter of time.  On a good note, my skin is extremely soft and smooth now so maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones to avoid the stretch marks??  Fingers crossed!
Maternity Clothes: I occasionally wear my maternity jeans but still haven't slipped into the other items yet.
Most Looking Forward To: Not traveling for work anymore so I don't have to haul my pregnant @$$ body in and out of schools/hotels day after day. 
Favorite Moment This Week: Morel hunting!  I know, totally unrelated, but Greg and I have been spending time in the woods and have found close to 300 hundred so far, Yum!  Including two HUGE ones pictured below!


No comments:

Post a Comment