Saturday, January 8, 2011

Huh?, well I've never seen that before

Well folks, we did it!  Finally got those two lines we've been waiting for on the pregnancy tests!  And, of course, one test was NOT good enough, we had to take two subsequent tests just to be sure that it wasn't a fluke.  Sure enough, all three came back positive!  Now, since these were the dollar store tests, we then headed to good ole' Wal-Mart for yet another digital test, because we weren't quite convinced until we saw "pregnant" spelled out.  The best part about finding out we were pregnant was that Greg was home and right there, ready and watching, to see what the results would be.  I had taken so many tests by this point that as soon as the whole thing turned pink and I saw the first line coming up I was like, "oh it always does that," and went back to doing laundry.  Greg then called me back in asking, "is this normal?", as he's thumbing through the directions, to which I replied, "huh?, well I've never seen that before."  Greg then jumped around the house singing, "I'm gonna be a daddy" over and over again, while I lowered myself down onto our bed to let it really sink in.


The following weeks have been quite interesting, I must say.  I thought I knew what tired was before I got pregnant but I was so wrong.  I feel like I could have nap time at any moment of the day, and over Christmas Break while in MI, my mom actually sent me to bed for a nap on a couple of occasions because I looked that tired.  I didn't feel any queasiness all through the holidays, THANK GOD, because I would've been so disappointed if I couldn't enjoy the holiday feasts, but it is starting to finally set in.  The other day I was so excited to get some new recipes with pictures in the mail...until I saw the pictures.  Instant urge to vomit.  I had to throw them into my passenger seat and slink into my house and onto the couch, all the while letting Greg know that the lasagna I had planned on cooking may not happen.  Luckily by the next afternoon I was able to eat again because poor Bob, and MOM, was being starved.  Oh yeah, we call our unborn baby Bob...  It all started with our "code" language we were using while texting or talking back and forth.  Greg mentioned "don't forget about BOB" in a text and, it took me a bit, but I finally got it, Baby On Board.  Now, my sister called her baby "Bobbles", after my large and in-charge cat, so she thinks I then have an obligation to name my unborn child after one of her's, however neither Linus or Phyllis is working for me.  It might take me a while to warm up to that idea...or never.

I'll keep ya'll posted as Bob progresses...which just got me thinking if it's a girl, we may have to call her Bobette...hmmmm...

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean Linus or Phyllis isn't working for you? They're not good enough now? You're just jealous because my cats have cool names and yours don't. I mean, Bob? Really? And what about Cotton? Who names their poor pet Cotton? Why not just call the poor thing Polyester? Your baby is named Linus. We can call him Lina-Toozie to make it cute.

    ReplyDelete