Tuesday, January 11, 2011

suffocation by eggroll

I'm not sure when it happened but my sense of smell has recently become extremely keen.  I'm talking, a little different scent in the air and I'm all over it.  This sensitive sense of smell was one of the things mentioned as possible to happen while pregnant, however, I figured I would not be bothered by it.  Why I thought I was going to be lucky enough to avoid some of these weird pregnancy symptoms is beyond me.  My husband believes me when I say I can't handle some smells, however he enjoys getting a good laugh at my misfortune at the same time.  Just to give you an example as to how bad this is really affecting me, I'll give you the "eggroll incident."  It was about 10:30 at night and I had fallen asleep on our love seat.  Greg decided that he was "craving" an eggroll and proceeded to microwave and then fry a frozen one in a pan.  (and may I diverge by saying that I'm ready for MY cravings to start any day)  This woke me up from my slumber and I swore I couldn't breathe, the smell was so strong.  I immediately start dry-heaving and run to the bathroom to get ready for bed as fast as possible.  I then close off both bedroom doors to try to block the smell, which was next to impossible.  That night, all night, I had to sleep with my head under the covers in order to be able to breathe without gagging.  Now, c'mon, you may say, it couldn't have been THAT bad.  Well, at risk of sounding like a whiner and absolute nutcase, I'm telling you, it was!  I'm still trying to figure out what role a keen sense of smell has on a pregnancy, because at the moment, I think it's completely just to irritate my ability to eat and function normally even further.  Hopefully I will not have another episode like this one, and I'll be able to enjoy the smell of eggrolls once again

No comments:

Post a Comment