Friday, January 28, 2011

Week 10 check-in, little boobs have feelings too

We finally made it to week 10 where we can see the baby and hear the heartbeat.  This momentous day seemed to take FOREVER to get here!  I know it sounds depressing but miscarriage is always in the back of your mind until you actually get to hear the heartbeat.  Now our chance of a miscarriage is less than 2%, thank goodness, and we can breathe a little easier now.

Pregnancy up until this point has really thrown me for a loop.  Never in my life did I think I could be so tired, be so hungry but not be able to eat, and not want to cook because the site and smell of food would make me want to vomit!  And let me just tell you, the boobie fairy strikes early, even for those of us who are less than endowed to begin with.  It's the feeling of menstrual breast tenderness times 100!  My favorite part of the day used to be coming home from work and immediately slipping off my bra and getting into comfortable clothes.  Well, let's just say that THAT is a distant memory.  Being a lifetime member of the "itty bitty titty club" had me assuming that I wouldn't have to worry about the sore and bulging breasts until MUCH later in my pregnancy.  I have never been so wrong.  It got to the point where I considered wearing a bra at night!  Speaking of which I definitely woke myself out of a dead sleep once because I accidentally flicked my own nipple while readjusting in my sleep, which seriously felt like I had cut it with a knife.  And a little warning, no matter how sore you are, your husband won't care and will still want to play with his new gifts.  

The good news is that the above mentioned ailments do tend to lessen as you near the second trimester, which I'm welcoming with open arms.  I'm slowly gaining some energy back and food it looking better and better, even in my dreams.  Recently I dreamt about apple crisp with vanilla ice cream and a skittles rainbow. Needless to say, that night while my apple crisp baked in the oven, I munched on a huge bag of those lovely little gems they call skittles...and they never tasted so good.

Weekly Check-In
Weight Gain: zero
Showing: not yet, just bloating...another lovely pregnancy side-effect which my husband keeps                  mistaking for a baby bump.
Favorite Moment This Week: Meeting my ObGyn and seeing Bob (if you don't get this name reference, read blog post 1-8-11) twirl around on the ultrasound. Hearing the heartbeat was incredible too.  Not gonna lie, I had tears streaming down my face...
Most Looking Forward To: Having a baby bump :)


1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT. YOU ARE HYLARIOUS! I LOL THROUGH THE WHOLE THING!

    ReplyDelete